WHAT WILL WE COVER?
My goal is to teach you the principles of my personal editing workflow which will help you when you go to edit your own photos!
If you are a complete beginner and have never even opened up Lightroom or Photoshop, DON’T WORRY, you can follow along as well as I explain every step of what I’m doing! If you’re more advanced in these programs, you will still benefit from this as you will gain deep insights into my personal style of editing!
This tutorial was made with all levels of expertise in mind! I hope this offers you a new perspective on portrait editing and that you are able to practice more effectively now when you edit your own photos!
PHOTOSHOP TUTORIAL INCLUDES:
• How to even out skin tones
• How to get rid of blemishes without destroying natural skin texture
• How to get rid of blotchiness in skin
• How to creatively add high quality contrast by using colors instead of light
• How to tone an image by adding specific color values to highlights, midtones, and shadows
• How to use adjustment layers to make your portraits POP even more
• How to use highlights and shadows to sculpt and accent the natural beauty of the face
• How and when to use blending modes to tone skin, add color contrast, sharpen an image, accent colors, and add highlights and shadows
• How to use individual layers to creatively accent colors and bring an image to life
• How to use hidden shortcuts to make your workflow go much quicker
• How to add a high quality sharpen to your images so that they look amazing on Instagram!
LIGHTROOM TUTORIAL INCLUDES:
• Walkthrough of all the editing panels I use on portraits
• How to think about the editing process before actually editing
• How to “counter-edit”
• How to create vibrant and glowing skin tones
• How to make eyes POP
• How and when to use brushes
• Using multiple coloring options to achieve unique coloring effects
• Preliminary sharpening techniques
• Preliminary retouching techniques
• How to correct basic problems with discoloration in skin
• How to fix problems that may arise from pushing colors to their limit
• How to set up a portrait so that your work in Photoshop is much easier and streamlined
I USE THE SAME TECHNIQUES THAT YOU LEARN IN THIS TUTORIAL EVERY SINGLE DAY!
All of the photos on this page were edited using the techniques that are I show you in this 2 hour portrait tutorial. Slide the arrows back and forth to see the before & after of each photo.